Tortoise Needle Felting Kit
Teach yourself the calming craft of needle felting with our Tortoise needle felting kit. If you’re a needle felting beginner, let our detailed step-by-step instructions guide you, showing you how to turn the fluffy British wool into a wool sculpture you can be proud of.
This kit will take the average beginner about 6 hours to make, offering a wonderful way to relax over a rainy weekend or each evening on the sofa. Once you’ve completed one of our needle felting kits, you will have all the basic techniques and skills needed to continue with this therapeutic craft.
- All our kits are carefully packed by hand in our Dorset studio, supporting a small female-led business.
- Designer Stephanie has chosen the perfect British wools for felting.
- Step-by-step photo instructions guide you from start to finish, and our video tutorials offer additional insights into the basic techniques for all our kits.
- Every kit includes 2x stainless steel German made felting needles in a secure holder to keep them safe from small hands or pets.
- Add a foam block to give you the ideal working surface for needle felting, protecting the needles and your table or lap. One foam block will last for at least 40 smaller projects. (NB. The foam is an optional add on when ordering and orders with foam added will come in a larger A4 size box)
- Gift the complete kit to a craft-loving friend, or wrap up your own finished piece as a lovingly handmade present.
- We recommend adult supervision for anyone under the age of 12 due to the sharp needles included.
Every kit contains:
British wool in a variety of breeds and colours
2x felting needles in a secure holder
Detailed instructions with step by step photos
Beautiful gift box
You will also need:
Foam block working surface (optional extra to add when ordering)
Tea and biscuits (optional!)
Box: A5 (no foam block) 21x15x6cm / A4 (including foam block) 30x21x6cm
Finished design: Approximately 12cm long
All orders are shipped in 1-2 working days from the UK.
UK orders may then take up to 5 working days to arrive after shipping (though it's normally 1-2 days!), and international up to 6 weeks.
NB. The customer is responsible for any and all taxes, customs fees and import duties if ordering from outside the UK. We are not responsible for any delays due to customs.
UK orders over £40 - FREE
UK Standard Shipping - £3.95
UK Next Day Delivery - £8.95
EU Tracked - £12.00
Rest of World Tracked - £12.00
About Hawthorn Handmade
Here at Hawthorn Handmade, everything we do revolves around helping you to get crafty and discover your inner creative soul. Our kits are designed for beginners and give you everything you need to bring your creation to life. We’ve searched high and low for the best quality tools and materials; spent hours poring over our detailed instructions to get them just right and packaged everything up on a beautiful box ready to send straight to your door.
Bought this kit to make for my tortoise mad daughter. Beautifully packaged with lovely quality wool, the clear instructions meant that a happy afternoon was spent fashioning ‘Timmy’. I even had enough wool left over to make him a rather fetching top hat (at daughter’ request!!). Will definitely be looking at further purchases. Thank you.
Fabulous kit. Never needle felted before but found the instructions extremely easy to follow and thoroughly enjoyed making him. Highly recommend.
Tortoise Needle Felting Kit
Present to grandchildren 8. 10. 11. They loved it and made it very successfully.
I bought three felting kits for them and they want to do some more felting as they so enjoyed it.
Absolutely loved the kit! The directions were very helpful and clear, and there were more than enough materials. The turtle is adorable!!!