Halcyon Weaving Kit
- Detailed Step-by-Step Instructions
- Great Gift for all Crafters!
- A Wonderful Way to Relax
Couldn't load pickup availability
All about this Craft Kit
This complete weaving kit puts all the tools and materials you need at your fingertips, ready to be turned into a one of a kind woven wall hanging. 100% wool yarns and tops combine to create gorgeous colour combinations and tactile textures, and the detailed instructions will teach you a variety of simple hand weaving techniques to get you started in this wonderful craft.
- Designer Stephanie has sought high and low for the best quality wools and yarns, picking those perfect for hand weaving.
- The unique pop-up loom is made in the UK from high quality birch plywood. Snap apart the section, slot together and start weaving!
- Use the smooth but tough cotton yarn to warp your loom before you get started weaving.
- Comes with two shuttles and a tapestry needle giving you a variety of ways to weave depending on which you prefer.
- Use the comb to push down the rows and help make your weaving nice and neat.
- Flick through the ‘Guide to Weaving’ to learn how to get started, different techniques you can use and how to finish and hang your weave.
- Take inspiration from the full colour pattern guide or get creative with your own unique designs.
- The loom is lightweight enough to work on your lap - perfect for cosy evenings in!
- The ideal gift for a creative friend looking for a new craft to try.
Box - 23x6x30cm
Loom - 19x30cm and 26.5x28cm when popped together.
Finished piece - approximately 24x35cm
There are 6 different colour options to choose from - Folklore (natural greys and white), Homespun (natural browns, white and greys), Bumpkin (rich autumnal hues), Halcyon (calming mint and yellow), Jamboree (refreshing pink, orange and blue) and Hullaballoo (contrasting fuchsia, green and teal).
This Craft Kit Contains
- Pop-up weaving loom including two shuttles and a comb
- White cotton warp thread
- 100% Wool yarn in two colours (100g total)
- 100% Merino wool tops (50g total)
- Tapestry needle (this is plastic, but will last for a long time and is safe for little people)
- Illustrated 'Guide to Weaving' instruction booklet
- Full colour pattern inspiration guide
- Beautiful gift box
You will Also Need
- A pair of scissors
- A small dab of glue (optional to hold the loom together permanently)
- A wooden dowel or similar to hang your weaving from (find them in our weaving section)
- Tea and biscuits (optional!)
You will learnThis weaving kit teaches you all the basics of weaving including getting started with your pop-up loom, warping your thread, a variety of weaving techniques including plain weave and soumak, and how to finish your piece
Add a wool bundle to create more beautiful woven pieces!
Shipping & Delivery
All orders are packed by hand and shipped in 1-2 working days from Dorset, UK.
Estimated UK delivery time - 2-4 days.
Estimated international delivery time - 3 days to 4 weeks depending on your location.
UK 2nd Class - £3.95 or FREE for orders over £30
UK 1st Class - £4.95
UK Next Day Delivery - £9.95
United States Tracked $15.00 or FREE for orders over $100.00
International Rest of World Tracked - £12.00
NB. The customer is responsible for any and all taxes, customs fees and import duties if ordering from outside the UK. We are not responsible for any delays due to customs. US customers can order up to $800 without incurring custom charges.
About Hawthorn Handmade
All of our craft kits are packed by hand by our small team in Dorset, UK. Each kit comes with high quality materials and tools giving you everything you need to master a new craft. If you've never tried a craft before, we are confident that our detailed instructions and beautiful designs will have you crafting away in no time, making something you can be truly proud of.
Stephanie (that's me!) started the business back in 2013 when she turned her passion for needle felting into a full time job sharing the woolly love. Since then, Hawthorn Handmade has grown into a much loved craft brand known all over the world for our high quality kits and spreading the joy of handmade!
Fabulous weaving kit for a beginning! Highly recommend