Alpaca Needle Felting Kit
- Perfect for Beginners
- Optional 7" Foam Working Surface
- Discover your Inner Creative Soul
- The Ideal Therapeutic Craft!
Couldn't load pickup availability
All about this Craft Kit
Discover the therapeutic craft of needle felting with our Alpaca needle felting kit. If you’ve never picked up a felting needle before, let our detailed step-by-step instructions guide you, showing you how to turn the loose fluffy British wool into a wool sculpture you can be proud of.
This kit will take the average beginner about 2-4 hours to make, offering a wonderful way to relax after a long day at a computer or with the kids. Once you’ve completed one of our needle felting kits, you will have all the basic techniques and skills needed to continue with this calming craft.
- All our kits are carefully packed by hand in our Dorset studio, supporting a small female-led business.
- Designer Stephanie has chosen the perfect British wools for felting. Where we can’t find British wool, we have included small amounts of ethically sourced Merino wool.
- Add a foam block to give you the ideal working surface for needle felting, protecting the needles and your table or lap. One foam block will last for at least 40 smaller projects. (NB. The foam is an optional add on when ordering and isn’t included in the kit).
- Gift the complete kit to a craft-loving friend, or wrap up your own finished piece as a lovingly handmade present.
Kit contains sharp needles and is only suitable for ages 14+ or with adult supervision.
Finished design: Approximately 9cm/3.5" tall
This Craft Kit Contains
- British and Merino wool in a variety of colours
- 2x felting needles in a secure case
- Detailed instructions with step-by-step photos
- Beautiful gift box
You will Also Need
- Foam working surface (add an an optional extra when ordering)
- Tea & biscuits (optional!)
You will learnThis needle felting kit teaches you all the needle felting basics including how to split the wool, how to shape the wool, working with the felting needle, making a variety of shapes and adding features and details.
Create our adorable Baby Elephant to add to your animal collection!
Shipping & Delivery
All orders are packed by hand and shipped in 1-2 working days from Dorset, UK.
Estimated UK delivery time - 2-4 days.
Estimated international delivery time - 3 days to 4 weeks depending on your location.
UK 2nd Class - £3.95 or FREE for orders over £30
UK 1st Class - £4.95
UK Next Day Delivery - £9.95
United States Tracked $15.00 or FREE for orders over $100.00
International Rest of World Tracked - £12.00
NB. The customer is responsible for any and all taxes, customs fees and import duties if ordering from outside the UK. We are not responsible for any delays due to customs. US customers can order up to $800 without incurring custom charges.
About Hawthorn Handmade
All of our craft kits are packed by hand by our small team in Dorset, UK. Each kit comes with high quality materials and tools giving you everything you need to master a new craft. If you've never tried a craft before, we are confident that our detailed instructions and beautiful designs will have you crafting away in no time, making something you can be truly proud of.
Stephanie (that's me!) started the business back in 2013 when she turned her passion for needle felting into a full time job sharing the woolly love. Since then, Hawthorn Handmade has grown into a much loved craft brand known all over the world for our high quality kits and spreading the joy of handmade!
Looking forward to finding time to make my new furry friend. Not well enough at the moment.
Easy to follow and complete kit. Makes a lovely alpaca. For a complete beginner it was very satisfying.
I bought several mini kits and the alpaca is just one. They arrive in dinky little boxes with a clear photograph of the finished piece and the "ingredients" list.
Everything is included except a foam mat but there is an option to purchase one at the same time.
Once you open it, there is more than enough wool to complete the project and the instructions are clear, with good photographs. The wool is good quality, the needles are SHARP!, and it's lovely to work with.
If I had a constructive criticism, it's that for newbie felters, some idea of how firm pieces should be or an approximate length of time to make might be useful. And a link to your Youtube channel would be an excellent addition.
Overall, the kits are excellent and easy to follow and complete. I'll be buying again