All about this Craft Kit
Discover the therapeutic craft of needle felting with our Cat brooch needle felting kit. If you’ve never picked up a felting needle before, let our detailed step-by-step instructions guide you, showing you how to turn the loose fluffy British wool into a wool sculpture you can be proud of.
This kit will take the average beginner about 2-4 hours to make, offering a wonderful way to relax after a long day at a computer or with the kids. Once you’ve completed one of our needle felting kits, you will have all the basic techniques and skills needed to continue with this calming craft.
- All our kits are carefully packed by hand in our Dorset studio, supporting a small female-led business.
- Designer Stephanie has chosen the perfect British wools for felting. Where we can’t find British wool, we have included small amounts of ethically sourced Merino wool.
- Add a foam block to give you the ideal working surface for needle felting, protecting the needles and your table or lap. One foam block will last for at least 40 smaller projects. (NB. The foam is an optional add on when ordering and isn’t included in the kit).
- Gift the complete kit to a craft-loving friend, or wrap up your own finished piece as a lovingly handmade present.
Kit contains sharp needles and is only suitable for ages 14+ or with adult supervision.
Finished design: Approximately 6cm long
This Craft Kit Contains
- British and Merino wool in a variety of colours
- 2x felting needles in a secure case
- Detailed instructions with step-by-step photos
- Brooch back
- Beautiful gift box
You will Also Need
- Foam working surface (add an an optional extra when ordering)
- Needle & thread for sewing on the brooch back
- Tea & biscuits (optional!)
You will learnThis needle felting kit teaches you all the needle felting basics including how to split the wool, how to shape the wool, working with the felting needle, making a variety of shapes and adding features and details.
Shipping & Delivery
All orders are packed by hand and shipped in 1-2 working days from Dorset, UK.
Estimated UK delivery time - 2-5 days.
Estimated international delivery time - 3 days to 6 weeks depending on your location.
UK 2nd Class - £2.95
FREE UK SHIPPING FOR ORDERS OVER £40
UK 1st Class - £3.95
UK Next Day Delivery - £9.95
United States Tracked $15.00 or FREE for orders over $100.00
International Rest of World Tracked - £12.00
NB. The customer is responsible for any and all taxes, customs fees and import duties if ordering from outside the UK. We are not responsible for any delays due to customs. US customers can order up to $800 without incurring custom charges.
About Hawthorn Handmade
All of our craft kits are packed by hand by our small team in Dorset, UK. Each kit comes with high quality materials and tools giving you everything you need to master a new craft. If you've never tried a craft before, we are confident that our detailed instructions and beautiful designs will have you crafting away in no time, making something you can be truly proud of.
Stephanie (that's me!) started the business back in 2013 when she turned her passion for needle felting into a full time job sharing the woolly love. Since then, Hawthorn Handmade has grown into a much loved craft brand known all over the world for our high quality kits and spreading the joy of handmade!
Love the cat brooch needle felting kit. Sometimes when only a short time to do some felting between other pressing items its lovely to pick up something that will not take too much time. This is ideal, and colours are lovely. in two words love it.
First attempt ever at needle felting. Clear instructions and plenty of wool. My cat looks a bit grumpier than the illustration, but I am still really chuffed with it. Will try something else at at a later date.
I made my kit brooch in an afternoon. I watched some of the videos which helped but the instructions were enough to follow to make my cat. Friends were impressed with the result.
Lovely little kit, easy to make as a gift and tailor to look like your own pet. Really lovely packaging. Good value.
lovely wool very pleased thank you x