Herdwick Sheep Brooch Needle Felting Kit
Discover the therapeutic craft of needle felting with our Herdwick Sheep brooch needle felting kit. If you’ve never picked up a felting needle before, let our detailed step-by-step instructions guide you, showing you how to turn the loose fluffy British wool into a wool sculpture you can be proud of.
This kit will take the average beginner about 2-4 hours to make, offering a wonderful way to relax after a long day at a computer or with the kids. Once you’ve completed one of our needle felting kits, you will have all the basic techniques and skills needed to continue with this calming craft.
- All our kits are carefully packed by hand in our Dorset studio, supporting a small female-led business.
- Designer Stephanie has chosen the perfect British wools for felting.
- Step-by-step photo instructions guide you from start to finish, and our video tutorials offer additional insights into the basic techniques for all our kits.
- Every kit includes 2x stainless steel German made felting needles in a secure holder to keep them safe from small hands or pets.
- Add a foam block to give you the ideal working surface for needle felting, protecting the needles and your table or lap. One foam block will last for at least 40 smaller projects. (NB. The foam is an optional add on when ordering and isn’t included in the kit).
- Finish your piece by sewing on the brooch back and wearing it with pride! Alternatively, you could add a magnet or keyring or even frame it for your wall.
- Gift the complete kit to a craft-loving friend, or wrap up your own finished piece as a lovingly handmade present.
- We recommend adult supervision for anyone under the age of 12 due to the sharp needles included.
Every kit contains:
British wool in a variety of breeds and colours
2x felting needles in a secure holder
Detailed instructions with 12 step by step photos
Beautiful gift box
You will also need:
Foam block working surface (optional extra to add when ordering)
Needle and thread to sew on the brooch back
Tea and biscuits (optional!)
Finished design: Approximately 6cm tall
All orders are shipped in 1-2 working days from the UK.
UK orders may then take up to 7 working days to arrive after shipping (though it's normally 1-2 days!), and international up to 6 weeks.
NB. The customer is responsible for any and all taxes, customs fees and import duties if ordering from outside the UK. These will be issued by your local postal service and vary depending on your location. We are not responsible for any delays due to customs.
Shipping costs are as follows:
UK orders over £40 - FREE
UK Standard Shipping - £3.95
EU Tracked - £12.00
Rest of World Tracked - £12.00
Never having tried felting before, I decided to buy a small kit to get me started; the Herdwick sheep brooch kit was a perfect starting point. It contained everything I needed - I did need both needles as the first needle broke - and the instructions were clear and easy to follow. It has certainly whetted my appetite to have another go at needle felting.
Can’t wait for more Christmas items to come out
This was a gift for my herdwick obsessed mum.
She is thrilled to bits with it, hasn’t made it yet.
Very happy, thank you
Excellent value. Such a different present to give to someone, offering them both a new experience and something producing something they love. It looks a daunting project for the uninitiated so it's a double surprise the end product looks so professional and is easy to do!
Bought as a Christmas present for a friend who loves Herdwick sheep, almost kept it myself!
Easy website to order from, item came a few days after ordering and came beautifully packaged.
Will definitely order from this company again.