Red Squirrel Needle Felting Kit
Teach yourself the calming craft of needle felting with our Red Squirrel needle felting kit. If you’re a needle felting beginner, let our detailed step-by-step instructions guide you, showing you how to turn the fluffy British wool into a wool sculpture you can be proud of.
This kit will take the average beginner about 6 hours to make, offering a wonderful way to relax over a rainy weekend or each evening on the sofa. Once you’ve completed one of our needle felting kits, you will have all the basic techniques and skills needed to continue with this therapeutic craft.
- All our kits are carefully packed by hand in our Dorset studio, supporting a small female-led business.
- Designer Stephanie has chosen the perfect British wools for felting.
- Step-by-step photo instructions guide you from start to finish, and our video tutorials offer additional insights into the basic techniques for all our kits.
- Every kit includes 2x stainless steel German made felting needles in a secure holder to keep them safe from small hands or pets.
- Add a foam block to give you the ideal working surface for needle felting, protecting the needles and your table or lap. One foam block will last for at least 40 smaller projects. (NB. The foam is an optional add on when ordering and orders with foam added will come in a larger A4 size box)
- Gift the complete kit to a craft-loving friend, or wrap up your own finished piece as a lovingly handmade present.
- We recommend adult supervision for anyone under the age of 12 due to the sharp needles included.
Every kit contains:
British wool in a variety of breeds and colours
2x felting needles in a secure holder
Detailed instructions with step by step photos
Beautiful gift box
You will also need:
Foam block working surface (optional extra to add when ordering)
Tea and biscuits (optional!)
Box: A5 (no foam block) 21x15x5cm / A4 (including foam block) 30x21x5cm
Finished design: Approximately 15cm tall
All orders are shipped in 1-2 working days from the UK.
UK orders may then take up to 7 working days to arrive after shipping (though it's normally 1-2 days!), and international up to 6 weeks.
NB. The customer is responsible for any and all taxes, customs fees and import duties if ordering from outside the UK. These will be issued by your local postal service and vary depending on your location. We are not responsible for any delays due to customs.
Shipping costs are as follows:
UK orders over £40 - FREE
UK Standard Shipping - £3.95
EU Tracked - £12.00
Rest of World Tracked - £12.00
First time felting and the instructions were clear and easy to follow, definitely need a lot more practice but I enjoyed doing it and it did look like a squirrel! shall definitely do another one.
A beautifully presented starter kit for needle felting. It arrived really quickly too. I have enjoyed making the red squirrel and am nearly finished. It would be useful to have a “finished shape” photo of the body added to the guide booklet as an extra help when starting out. Thank you for ensuring everything is as plastic free as possible. I’m sure I’ll be back to buy more wool and I’m hoping to try the weaving kits too.
Red Squirrel Needle Felting Kit
My mum wanted to try out needlefelt as a new craft so I bought her the red squirrel for her birthday. She really enjoyed it and loves her new squirrel! The kit was easy to follow and kept her occupied for a few hours!
Only half way through but loving it so far, has given me the needle felting bug. Perfect for a gift with everything you need if you order with the foam pad.